David Bowie died on January 10, 2016, and it was a tragedy for the half of the planet! Till the very death, Bowie didn’t tell anything about cancer he had. So fans were astonished by the news. Take a look at 15 facts you didn’t know about him.
1. Bowie had changed his name not to be mistaken for a person with the very same name, Monkees Davy Jones. He was born as Robert Jones. It turned out that his name could be a problem for him and he had to change it.
2. Bowie’s eyes were not of different colors, as the majority of people think. Although he had an ocular oddity; his pupils were permanently dilated as a result of a fight in which he participated in the childhood.
3. When he was in Oslo, some fan threw a lollipop at him. It stroked his eye and got stuck, but later David went on singing as nothing happened.
4. He was a playmate friend of Peter Frampton. They met in a High School and the bond over music made them friends. The guys remained best pals till the end.
5. How it turned out to be, Elton John was his friend too. They hung out together for some time but later they both went their separate ways.
6. When he was young, he became a founder of a society to prevent the abusing of long-haired man. For him it was serious because he suffered the same treatment in the past.
first song had a perfect time of release. “SPACE ODDITY” went out right when
the Apollo 11 lunar landed.
8. David’s brother was inspiring him all the time. David’s half-brother Terry Burns had some mental problems. When escaping from the hospital he killed himself. David loved his brother and was dedicating songs to him.
9. Some of his alter egos scared people and made them doubt that he was sane. One of them was Ziggy Stardust. After this, even Bowie himself was questioning his own sanity.
he was the Thin White Duke, he was scared
that some strange wizard could come at night and steal all of his urine. He was
keeping on a diet; he ended up having hallucinations.
11. In some kind, he was a psychic. David foretold people that there would be times when the Internet will be everywhere; he also added that it will crush people’s minds. Well, Dave, you were right all the time!
12. Bowie was the first artist, who released a single with the help of the Internet. He downloaded it for only 11 minutes and it was kind of a breakthrough in science.
13. David was a bookworm; he had a big library at home where he could quietly sit and read his favorite books. There are not so many people who loved reading the way he did.
That was the reason for his son book club creating. As a tribute to his father,
Duncan opened a book club named after Bowie.
My dad was a beast of a reader. One of his true loves was Peter Ackroyd’s sojourns into the history of Britain & its cities. I’ve been feeling a building sense of duty to go on the same literary marathon in tribute to dad. Time allowing...#Read-ItBig’nsTheBrain— Duncan Jones (@ManMadeMoon) 27 декември 2017 г.
Alright gang! Anyone who wants to join along, we are reading Peter Ackroyd’s “Hawksmoor,” as an amuse cerveau before we get into the heavy stuff. You have until Feb 1. ❤️— Duncan Jones (@ManMadeMoon) 27 декември 2017 г.
15. A little lock of David Bowie’s hair costs $18,750. In 2016 some freak bought a lock of his hair for such a price… only God knows why he needed it.
Based on materials: mentalfloss.com