The events that we live every day can affect us in many ways, the fact that we live with high-stress levels every day can cause us many ailments and in some cases, even depression.
But something surprising is that our intimate parts can become depressed too.
Flavia Dos Santos is a sexologist that affirms that our intimate parts can suffer depressions and that, despite being very common, it's a syndrome that not everyone knows about.
You may think that this is something hilarious but this is the truth, as Flavia says: "Vulvodynia is a chronic pain syndrome that can last a very long time and affect a woman's life".
Sometimes, when you go to a doctor with the symptoms we mentioned before, they ask you to submit yourself to some exams that do not have anything to do with the disease. That's why the doctors prefer to do a test with cotton.
"They go pressing it part by part evaluating pressing strength, and if nothing organic is found but only the pain, then the diagnosis is this syndrome", says Flavia Dos Santos.
If you want to determine if you suffer from vulvodynia, a test made by the dermatologist Laura Szafirstein will help you to know if you have this bad condition.
- If at any moment you were under a genital infection treatment and the pain continues after the treatment ends.
- If you often have urinary infections and
after it end you feel another one is coming.
- If after going to the doctor and after some exams, there are no signals of a
infection yet, but you feel like there's one in your body.
- If after a genital or urinary infection or after having pelvic traumas of a
surgery they ask you to submit yourself to a vulvodynia test.
- If you have any genital skin problems that you can't get rid of.
- If at some
moment you were diagnosed with diseases such as cystitis, fibromyalgia, colon
irritation, autoimmune or inflammatory diseases, you must ask your doctor about
- If your mood is not the same before having intercourse with your partner.
after having intimacy, you're very depressed or stressed.
If you've said "yes" to at least 4 points or if you have felt related to some of them, you must go to the doctor to get a diagnosis.
Photo on preview: www.pinterest.com
Based on materials: kinestops.com