Movies are the art where the most unbelievable and unexpected fantasies
are turned to life. The world of film industry is so big we can spot both the
Victorian drama and a cosmic comedy.
This is why the actors have to work hard to change their looks for the roles in this great variety of films. And sometimes the appearance transformation is so dramatic not just the fans but the actors’ close people don’t recognize them.
So today we offer you a selection of photos staring actors of all times changing for the role almost unrecognizably.
1) John Travolta as Edna Turnblad, mother in Hairspray, 2007.
2) Meryl Streep as the witch in Disney film adaptation Into the Woods, 2014.
3) Gary Oldman as Count Dracula in romance horror Bram Stoker’s Dracula, 1992.
4) Naomi Harris as Tia Dalma in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, 2007.
5) Tom Cruise as studio executive Less Grossman in Tropic Thunder, 2008.
6) Xan Angelovich as a zombie in The Walking Dead, 2010.
7) Maїwenn Le Besco as Diva Plavalaguna, opera singer in The Fifth Element, 1997.
8) Emma Thompson as Nanny McPhee in so-called film, 2005.
See more photos on the next page…