The navel is a part of the body that everybody forgets about. It is practically a scar that appears when we are born because this is the place where the umbilical cord was.
The truth is that, just like other parts of our body, it requires attention, and a bad personal hygiene can cause diseases, bad smell and infections.
So, let’s face it, a person may be uncomfortable at being rejected by a parner because of a bad smell coming from the belly button.
However, before treating the condition, it is important for you to know its causes:
1. Obesity: it is a common thing for obese people to have a navel bad odor due to the excessive fat tissue in the area.
2. Bad personal hygiene: due to the fact that this area is tiny but deep, it tends to accumulate water or sweat and that causes bad smell.
This is why it is so important to clean the navel daily.
3. Mycosis or umbilical fungi is generated due to excessive humidity.
4. Excessive sweat
5. Obstetric fistula
Although it is uncomfortable it is easy to treat it
- The most important thing is to keep a proper hygiene. You have to dry your navel after taking a shower using a swab with alcohol, or an astringent lotion, if it is necessary.
- Powder can work too because it absorbs humidity.
- However, if you suffer from an infection, you can treat it with a specific antifungal cream or antibiotics if the condition is severe.
- Either way, if you notice that the problem does not ease, or it aggravates or if you see that the navel leaks pus, you should go to the doctor.
Avoid self-medication because if you do not use the proper medicine your symptoms can aggravate.
The best thing to do is going to the doctor the moment you feel something different in your body.
This is important in order for you to receive proper
treatment or make sure everything is alright.
Based on materials: wnews.life