The thyroid is a small gland, located in the neck, specifically in front of the throat.
This organ secretes hormones that influences on the metabolism.
We tend to pay attention to other organs like the heart or brain because we assume that those are more significant. However, this gland is as important as those.
In this article, we show you a list of signs that may indicate that your thyroid is not functioning properly.
1. An irregular heartbeat is a sign to be aware of. If your heartbeat has lowered, you should go to the doctor.
2. If you have
been experiencing high levels of anxiety or hyperactivity there
is a possibility that you may be suffering from hyperthyroidism.
constantly tired and looking lethargic are symptoms that may indicate that your
thyroid is malfunctioning.
4. A bloated neck is a clear and prominent warning that something is wrong with the gland.
5. Be alert If you have gained weight over the last few months. A slow metabolism is a warning sign of hypothyroidism.
7. Digestive disorders can be related with thyroid problems. Constipation is a frequent experience for woman that suffers from hypothyroidism. Diarrhea is associated with hyperthyroidism.
9. “Brain Fog” is a clear indicator of a malfunctioning thyroid. If you have trouble concentrating in class or at work, you should go to the doctor to check your gland.
10. Low thyroid
hormone levels are associated with low libido.
Photo on preview: www.pinterest.com
Based on materials: wnews.life